Cockroaches and mice are two of the most troublesome and notorious pests in multifamily housing, but there are effective ways of managing them.
Integrated pest management (IPM) strategies can help control or eliminate infestations with minimum impact on residents’ health and well-being, and a better understanding of these pests can help guide decisions about how to combat them.
This presentation will provide an overview of cockroach management, including:
• Their prevalence in low-income communities
• What factors contribute to high infestation rates
• How to reduce cockroach infestations, effectively, using IPM
• The benefit of IPM for reducing cockroach allergens and insecticide residues
For house mice, we will review:
• Their biology and the role it plays in monitoring their infestations
• Recent research on monitoring and management techniques that produce results in low-income, multi-family housing communities
• Their spatial distribution and the importance of proper bait selection